Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Loaves and Fishes

We were planning to feed the missionaries one Sunday afternoon in recent weeks. I had planned on making an au gratin potato/ham casserole. Usually one pan feeds my family with little to no leftovers, so I figured if I made 2 batches, it would be enough for us plus the missionaries. Kwin called that Sunday after church and said that we needed to feed another family of 5 who was having major financial struggles and had no food. So, I threw together an extra salad and crossed my fingers that we would have enough food.

After everyone was finished eating, I was shocked at the amount of food left over, especially the potato casserole, even though a lot of people had second helpings. The more I thought about it, I kept thinking of the story of the loaves and fishes. Because we were serving others, we were blessed to have more than enough.

The Lord knows us and our needs and is there to help us. It is such a blessing to be able to help others.

No comments:

Post a Comment